Dads are pretty important.
Besides being hilarious and creative in their parenting approach, they are a valuable source of wisdom and encouragement for us and our kids. #YouDaRealMVP
That said, they can be incredibly frustrating to buy for. Hence all the “Dad Gift” stereotypes:
- A tie
- A wallet
- A hat or baseball cap
- Some picture to put up in his cubicle
There’s nothing wrong with these gifts…except that they are expected.
This is my twelfth Father’s Day to shop for and, frankly, I was looking for something with a little more oomph.
I wanted something that goes beyond the typical “Thanks for being Dad” and goes to the “Thanks for being my partner in this Great Parenting Experiment we started.”
Something that would make some seriously strong Marriage Insurance to help us sail through another year. (We are on 16 this year, wowzers!)
The Magic of Massage
This may surprise you, but I can occasionally be short-tempered, selfish, and a Goddess of Grumps. (Cameron can too, but he doesn’t have a blog to confess his faults, darn him.)
Do you have any “bumps” in your relationship? (Hint: They’re called kids.)
You’re tired. He’s tired. Everybody is feeling a bit selfish and defensive.
Having a baby can quickly rub away the Relationship Wonder, which is why it’s so important to have time to re-connect, remember why you love each other, and then confess and forgive for all the “Jerk” moments you’ve each had this week.
Giving and receiving a body massage is like Leveling Up in your relationship status. It strips away the tension, physically and emotionally, and lets you start over.
My problem, though, was that I didn’t know know anything about giving a massage.
Fortunately, there’s MELT, a course that will teach me how to give really good back, feet, and hand massages and use the right techniques to keep my fingers from feeling like they want to fall off after 30 seconds.
Here’s what I liked about my membership:
- All the videos are demonstrated by Denis Merkas, an Australian professional massage therapist with 15 years of experience. He’s worked on some pretty amazing A-Listers like Pierce Brosnan, Jared Leto, Pearl Jam members, and the Pussy Cat Dolls, to name a few.
- The videos are beautifully filmed, and in shorter easy-to-digest clips. (Denis realizes that as a busy mom, you’ve only got minutes, not hours!)
- There is no nudity in the videos or awkward sexual innuendos that make you feel uncomfortable. This is a classroom, not a Game of Thrones episode.
- You can watch the instructional videos on any device: laptop, tablet, phone, whenever it’s most convenient for you. (Perhaps the 11pm breastfeeding session?)
- Denis and Emma are a married couple, which is just cute.
- Denis shows you how to use your hands properly, so you don’t get sore fingers and cut the massage short. (This was HUGE for me.)
His Love Language
Seriously, do you know any man who doesn’t like to be touched?
Learning how to give your handsome hunk a really really good back massage is a smart idea.
- It’s a babysitter-free date night!
- It’s an act of service, tying your hearts closer together.
- It’s impossible to talk about money and other stressful things during a massage. (It’s like trying to say “bubbles” angrily. Impossible.)
- You will use these techniques for years and years to come – like at your 50th wedding anniversary.
- He can watch the videos too…and return the favor later!
Special Father’s Day Rock-Star Offer
I’ve developed a pretty strong affection for my reader-friends. You are the Miracle Gro that keeps this website growing.
An affection that says… Denis, can you do something for them? Because these massage videos are really awesome.
So here’s what he came up with. (Keep in mind this offer expires on June 19th!!)
He will give you full lifetime access to MELT: Couples Massage Program with bonus Foot Massage Videos to watch (or rewatch) at your leisure.
- Get the whole program for a flat fee of $99. (That’s $72 less than full price.)
- OR, set up a payment program of just $22 for 6 months.
Both of those options come with a 60-day money back guarantee, so you can be confident in your decision.
Just in case you’re curious, the MELT massage program is split into three different series:
The Basic Series: This series starts with correcting some of the most common massage mistakes and showing you the foundations of your massage with long, sweeping strokes. You watch the short videos with a technique or tip in each, and it ends with a 5 minute follow-along massage routine.
The Highlights Series: This is where things start to get really good! You learn to look for the sore spots on each other’s bodies and how to work them. The neck, shoulders, lower back, arms, head… you’ll find places you didn’t even know that were sore! After you learn the 9 techniques from this series, there’s a 15-minute massage routine to follow along to. Hands still don’t hurt!
The Deep Tissue Series: So many people, myself included, love Deep Tissue stuff but it shouldn’t by over-emphasized. Denis leaves these tips to the very end for good reason, but they are such good techniques. It ends with an epic 30-minute massage follow along massage routine
An Epic Father’s Day is in Your Future
I realize I’m taking a risk writing about my Father’s Day gift before Father’s Day. (Let’s see if you’re really reading my emails, Cameron!! 🙂 )
Still, it’s a risk I’m willing to take. I know this is going to be his favorite Father’s Day. It will go down in history.
I’d love for you to experience the same. Sign up here for your discount and get your massage training videos instantly. Then take a few minutes this week to watch and learn while you’re feeding your baby or taking a breather during a nap.
He will be so surprised!
(And if you’re a Father reading this… I wouldn’t blame you if you “accidentally” forwarded it over to your wife! *wink*)
This article was sponsored by MELT: Massage for Couples who gave me a free trial and paid for my honest review. I’m not nimble-fingered, so these videos were a huge help! It’s been a sweet way to decompress and connect with the Hubster over the day’s events!
Meet Heather Taylor
Heather is the Chief Encouragement Officer here at Incredible Infant and has been writing and encouraging parents online since 2007. She's certified in baby sleep coaching (yes, that's a real thing), has served as an Expert Parenting Panelist for numerous events, and has been a featured writer on blogs like DaveRamsey.com, SimpleKids.net, My Kid's Adventures, Cafe Mom, and others. If it's 2am and you're desperate to read SOMETHING, click here for all her darkest secrets, including why she really shouldn't be allowed to blog.